In Argentina for ICANN53? Here’s our Top Ten Buenos Aires Must-Dos!
Welcome to Buenos Aires! While ICANN53 is packed with hundreds of interesting sessions, you can’t leave this amazing city without sampling Argentine cuisine, embracing the tango or visiting some of the historic sites.
Below is our Top Ten list for the best of Buenos Aires.
- Yes, our first recommendation is asado, our traditional barbecue! Very near the event venue, you will find the Puerto Madero area with incredible parilladas. We also recommend La Brigada in San Telmo and La Estancia, also near the venue.
- Vegetarian? No problem! Try these pizzerias: El Cuartito, Las Cuartetas or Güerrin.
- And for dessert? You may have already tried the incredible alfajores (Havanna for example) but have you tried Argentina’s ice cream? Our recommendations are Freddo and Chungo. If it’s too cold for ice cream, try bombonerías (bonbons shops) like Lion d'Or and Corso.
- End the day with a lovely café. We strongly recommend Café Tortoni.
- Tango shows: Torcuato Tasso, Faena Hotel, Rojo Tango
- Tango lessons: Tango & Tango, Boedo Tango, Complejo Tango.
- Walk around the city: Caminito, Calle Florida, Mercado San Telmo, Plaza de Mayo
- Bookshop: El Ateneo Grand Splendid
- Green spaces: Buenos Aires Botanical Garden - Jardín Japonés.
- Traditional theatres: Teatro Colón and Teatro Avenida (don’t miss the 2015 Opera season happening now!)