New IANA Functions Resource Published
ICANN is pleased to announce a new resource for the community: The IANA Functions: An Introduction to the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions [PDF, 2.17 MB].
As an overview of how the IANA Functions are currently executed, the 20-page booklet includes an introduction of the IANA Functions; an overview of the policy, stakeholders and stewardship implementation, as well as technical breakdowns of key IANA Functions elements. A special thank you to NTIA for its review.
This document joins an inventory of IANA Functions resources available to help increase understanding and enrich the discussions around these critical Internet functions, including:
- IETF: IANA Protocol Parameters Explained
- Infographic: IANA Functions at a Glance
- NRO: Background on the IANA Functions
- SAC067: Overview and History of the IANA Functions [PDF, 635 MB]
- SAC068: Report on the IANA Functions Contract [PDF, 561 KB],
- SAC069: Maintaining the Security and Stability of the IANA Functions Through the Stewardship Transition [PDF, 668 KB]
We hope that you find the document useful, and encourage the community to provide any feedback.
Elise Gerich, Vice President, IANA & Technical Operations
David Conrad, Chief Technology Officer